William Hoather (1872 - 1943), Master Photographer
Hoather moved to Bushey Heath in 1903 as an established photographer. His shop 'The Photo Nest' in the High Road flourished until 1926. A large collection of his glass plates and platinotype prints were donated to the Museum by his son Mr Max Hoather, and form the basis for this exhibition. George Bernard Shaw took a considerable interest in Hoather's colour photography from about 1907 and sent much of his work to Bushey Heath for developing and printing.
(Exhibition organiser: Patrick Forsyth)